Sales Representative will be responsible for securing Commercial Fire Sprinkler/Special Hazard Work in the Fire Protection Industry in the Tampa Bay Area.
- Be a driven self-starter who can multi-task.
- Establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers of service and construction projects.
- Schedule sales calls and follow up on leads utilizing marketing strategies.
- Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company service offerings.
- Estimate small installation and remodel projects including day-works and inspections as required.
- Generate estimates/proposals and present them to customers.
- Be able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Close sufficient sales to exceed sales plan objectives.
- Ability to build new business associations/relationships and grow the sprinkler service business by developing positive outgoing relationship with customers.
- Quote Inspection deficiencies.
- Some project management required on sold jobs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of sales experience in fire protection industry preferred.
- Previous sprinkler design experience, including estimating and performing hydraulic calculations preferred.
- Must be familiar with reading blueprints, understanding current NFPA 13 and NFPA 25 standards and local codes.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Exceptional presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and organize work to meet customer deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of computer with knowledge of Windows, Excel, Work and other MS Office programs.
- Technical knowledge of sprinkler systems required.
- Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated with strong desire to succeed.
- Ability and willingness to work as a team player; must be able to work well with others.
- Ability to see opportunities and partner or turn over a lead to other Kirlin partners.
- Nicet certification in Water Based Systems is a plus.